Winegard RC-DT09A battery powered DTV converter box

| Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Winegard RC-DT09A battery powered DTV converter box Tube. Duration : 4.48 Mins.


Winegard RC-DT09A operating off a 9 volt battery. I have a portable DVD player which was broken and wouldn't play DVDs anymore but it had a composite video input so I used it as a monitor. I picked up 49 channels on my initial channel scan which was very good considering my location is between two hills and I was using rabbit ears. The 15" Polaroid LCD TV I also have only picked up 43 channels on the same antenna. As an experiment, I ran this off a 9 volt battery to see how it would work in situations where 120volts AC would not be available such as when camping or in emergencies that would result in power outages such as storms or earthquakes. The portable DVD player I used as a monitor has it's own internal rechargeable battery so it can also operate independently of AC power. I suppose one can also try to hook this up to a battery powered portable TV set or a hand held TV as well. The 9 volt battery only lasted about 10 minutes so I'll try using AAs next. A battery pack is available from the manufacturer which uses six "D" batteries to operate this unit for up to 18 hours.

Tags: Winegard, RC-DT09A, battery, operated, DTV, converter, box, Digital, to, Analog, SDTV, receiver, RV, Camping, Emergency, Portable

No comments:

Post a Comment

CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
This Web Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com